About Department of Architecture
Stamford University Bangladesh is committed to provide education of the highest standards with a vision of excellence that is responsive to society's needs. This context provides a tremendous opportunity for a department of architecture, which addresses issues relevant to the development of the country in relation to global issues in architecture. Department of Architecture (DoA) has started its journey under Faculty of Engineering on February 2005 with four teachers and 25 students. At that time it starts with only one studio, one lecture room and one Faculty room. In the mean time the Department experienced a modest but steady growth. At present it has around 350 students and 19 in house full time faculties. Limitations in funding have resulted a flat expense budgets and annual spending, which limits the growth from 2009-2011. In 2013, The University has provided four floors in a six storied renovated building dedicated to the Architecture Program. The new campus is located at, House No: 19/1, Road No: 06, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205. In 2019 the department has been shifted to house 84, road 11A, Dhanmondi with more facilities including a open ground named as "MIR ASHRAF PRANGON" which is being used as exhibition space as well as plateform for seminars, cultural program etc. The building houses studios, class rooms, Faculty rooms, library, Jury Space etc. which is nearly sufficient to run the B.Arch. program efficiently. Approximately 200 students have successfully completed their degrees from this Department and most of them are now engaged in different organizations and pursuing higher studies in the country and abroad.